The HSC Tenant Insurance Program protects you from loss or damage to personal property from fire, theft, and water damage and pays your living expenses if you are forced to leave your home because of a covered loss.

On this page:

Make a Tenant Insurance Claim

If you need to make a claim, please follow the instructions below:

1. Ensure you are ready to provide the following information:

  • Full name
  • Address
  • Telephone number
  • Insurance certificate number

2. The number you need to call depends on whether you are calling during regular business hours:

Mon-Fri, 9am and 6:30pm (ET):

Marsh’s Private Client Services

Outside of business hours:

Lindsay Cunningham 1-800-235-8784 or email

3. An adjuster will call you back to discuss the claim and what the next steps are to help you recover from the loss.

Renewing your Tenant Insurance

At HSC Insurance, renewing your insurance is easy. Before your insurance comes up for renewal, you will be sent a notice that your term is expiring. Once we receive your renewal premium payment, your insurance will be in place.

If you need to make changes (e.g. change your insurance option, change your address, change your payment information or cancel your insurance) ahead of your renewal, please see below.

Cancelling or Changing your Tenant Insurance Policy

You can call Marsh’s Private Client Services at 1-866-940-5111 to make any of the following changes:

  • Update your account information
  • Change your payment information
  • Change your insurance coverage option
  • Transfer your coverage to a new social housing address
  • Cancel your insurance

Tenant Insurance Policy Wording

The HSC Tenant Insurance Program is brokered by Marsh’s Private Client Services and underwritten by XN Financial. Click below to see the HSC Insurance policy wording and/or our Privacy & Disclosure policy.

Still have questions? Contact HSC Insurance at 1.866.268.4451 or

To make any changes to your insurance, call Marsh’s Private Client Services at 1-866-940-5111.