Programs & Services
Insurance & Risk Management
Community housing providers are different from private sector landlords in that they house some of our most vulnerable residents.
The HSC Insurance Program is designed to meet the unique needs of community housing providers in several key ways. We offer:
- Guaranteed coverage for all providers, regardless of claims history.
- Comprehensive, competitively priced coverage designed specifically for the sector.
- Risk management tools to help providers keep their residents and properties safe.
Utility costs are the single largest most controllable expense in community housing, and it can be challenging for housing providers to address their energy use while balancing operational, capital, and tenant priorities.
That’s why HSC’s Energy Services are designed to help housing providers – whether big or small – better understand and manage their utility use and, where possible, control costs. Our integrated service offerings include:
- Natural Gas Group Purchasing Program
- Energy & Water Monitoring and Data Reporting
- Assistance with Energy Efficiency Projects
- Sector Engagement
Business Solutions & Technical Services
HSC’s core mission is to support Ontario’s social housing sector in ensuring there is available, accessible and affordable housing options for people in communities across the province.
If you are looking to understand the state of your current housing assets with a mind to new development, redevelopment or creating new operating frameworks, HSC can help.
Learn more about what we can offer you:
- Business Solutions – Asset Management, Strategic Planning, Data Analysis & Financial Modeling, Facilitation & Community Engagement
- Technical Services – Project Management, Procurement, Building Inspection Reports and More
Community & Business Partnerships
To address business gaps in the social housing sector, HSC recognizes that looking to outside organizations with specialized expertise, products and services makes good business sense.
HSC’s community and business partners seek to improve economies of scale for housing providers and enable the sector to better meet their community needs.